Looking for a mild pulled pork recipe

Tom L

TVWBB Fan
Half of the extended family is under 5 years old so I'm looking for a rub and or sauce for pulled pork that is mild but not bland. Does such a thing exist?
Thanks
Tom

Well you could go the herb route. But i guess that needs some time in a marinate to penetrate a big cut like a butt. Then do a herb paste and rub the butt before it hits the smoker.

Never done that on a butt but i have done that on some low´n´slow pork with great resaults.

You can se one method of the herb paste right Here

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom L:
Half of the extended family is under 5 years old so I'm looking for a rub and or sauce for pulled pork that is mild but not bland. Does such a thing exist?
Thanks
Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Tom,
I've used the Chris Lilly 6 Time World Championship Rub http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/...0069052/m/7030048663and substituted tubinado sugar for both sugars, smoked paprika for the paprika, and chipotle pepper for the cayenne. I mopped with apple juice at the end of the cook and the bark was very tasty and mild. His recipe is very adaptable. Bone Suckin' Sauce Original is mild but not bland.

Tom, my coconut pulled pork was a big hit with some young kids that visited, as well as they're parents - who really raved over it. The pork has a natural sweetness and the coconut flavor comes through. For the kids (aged 3, 4, and 6) I fried up a big pile of crispy shrimp chips and served these with the pork, sugar peas, and sweet potato.
It's different from the typical BBQ pork, but everyone loved it.

Back