TEXAS BBQ #1 RUB PEANUTS

Bryan S

TVWBB Olympian
Made the #1 rub peanuts today modified the recipe some what boy are they Good.

2 CUPS PLANTERS UNSALTED DRYROASTED PEANUTS
2 TABLESPOONS REAL BUTTER
3 TABLESPOONS TEXAS BBQ #1 RUB
Preheat oven to 325. Put peanuts in bowl and microwave for 1 minute, stir and microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir in melted butter till nuts are well coated. Add the rub and stir till coated. Spread them out on Non-Stick aluminun Foil and bake for 6 minutes. Remove from oven and let them cool if you can. I couldn't help myself i tasted them after about 10 min while they were still warm. So easy and so good. Thanks to Bill Canon for the Recipe. Enjoy Bryan
EDIT: Had a typo changed 3 Tbs Butter to 2 Tbs.

Thanks for the recipe Bryan. This is something I've been wanting to try since it was first mentioned to sprinkle some rub on peanuts....this sounds a lot better.

Tony

Update, I took the peanuts to work and now i need to make more.
icon_frown.gif
They loved em.
icon_biggrin.gif
Bryan

Bryan,
I made these last night and man were they good. It was the first thing I did with the rub. Now I can't wait to try it on pork...

I'm glad I did a huge (4x) batch so that I have plenty to munch on and give to my dad who is a huge "nut fan". Thanks , Frank

Bryan,

Did a batch last night threw them on the WSM after a batch of chicken. The Texas BBQ rub and nuts go great together. Thanks for the recipe.

Randy

Glad to here that everyone likes them. Bill Canon from Texas BBQ Rubs gave me the recipe i just modified it a little.(not a honey nut person). He gets the credit for the rub & nuts. You can do this with any nut Bill's favorite is to use Cashews. Thats next for me to try
icon_wink.gif
Bryan

If you think the peanuts are great then you need to try it with Cashews.
icon_wink.gif

EDIT: After much debate and many taste tests on the peanuts and cashews i'm going to say the peanuts are better than the cashews. Altough cashews are my favorite nut i like the peanuts better with the rub on. Duno why just do.
icon_smile.gif

Bryan,
I used a store bought brand of rub that was a cinnamon chiptole. It was very well received! Thnaks for the procedure. Quick and easy.
Donny

Originally posted by Donny Anderson:
Bryan,
I used a store bought brand of rub that was a cinnamon chiptole. It was very well received! Thnaks for the procedure. Quick and easy.
Donny
The cin chipotle sounds nice. I've only made these with the Texas BBQ rub original and brisket blend. I'll have to try it out with some homemade rubs and concoctions.
icon_cool.gif

I wasn't on this board when this recipe was posted, but I think I just found my "Opening day of College Football Season" snack! Of course, I'll probably have to do a few test batches between now & then.

Originally posted by Scott H.:
I wasn't on this board when this recipe was posted, but I think I just found my "Opening day of College Football Season" snack! Of course, I'll probably have to do a few test batches between now & then.
Scott, Let me know how you like em. I make these for the guys at work from time to time. They don't last long when I bring them in. They are very good, and it's hard to stop eating them.
icon_smile.gif
You can use whatever rub you want too.
While we are talking snack/game food here. Ever make the Lipton Onion Soup Pretzels? They are the Bomb! Been making them for about 25 years now.

Bryon.....Lipton Onion Soup Pretzls?? Could you please share? sounds very like a good party snack. Oh, and I really do like the Texas BBQ peanuts too.

Is the Texas BBQ rub recipe on this site or do you order it from another website?

Bryan I've had the Lipton Onion Soup pretzels....they are AWESOME!!
icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by B. Kaylor:
Bryon.....Lipton Onion Soup Pretzls?? Could you please share? sounds very like a good party snack. Oh, and I really do like the Texas BBQ peanuts too.
Email sent too you. Haven't heard from you so let me know if you got it? B

Originally posted by Bryan S:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by B. Kaylor:
Email sent too you. Haven't heard from you so let me know if you got it? B </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shoot that recipe to me when you get a chace, bud.

Thanks.

Bryan, yes I have had the pretzels, and they are great. Every year around CFB kickoff time I start looking around for something different, the peanuts are right up my alley. Hey, if I'm gonna do a test run I'd better hurry - game day is fast approaching!
There's nothing like 'sports bar' type foods and the arrival of fall. That reminds me, I've got a wing recipe I've been meaning to post on here.

Bryan, I finally got around to testing the peanuts. Awesome! I used this: http://www.southsidemarket.com/OnlineStore.htm
as my seasoning (The bag of BBQ spice on that page) because it's one of the finalists in my search for best commercially available brisket rub.
I will be making more for Kickoff day, and will multiply the recipe, it didn't last long around my house!

Originally posted by Scott H.:
(The bag of BBQ spice on that page) because it's one of the finalists in my search for best commercially available brisket rub.
I'm wondering how the Texas BBQ rub brisket blend faired in your test? Cause that's my favorite bought rub for brisket. Glad too hear you liked the nuts, simple but O so good.
icon_cool.gif
I use either the Original or Brisket blend on the peanuts. They both work great.

The Texas BBQ is in the group. I even put that on sirloins! (When I slow-smoke them) I don't think I'll ever narrow it down to just one, because all my 'finalists' have attributes that set them apart of the others. Texas BBQ - overall taste. The Southside Market - aroma, taste, but not a huge amount of bark (That's kind of why I chose this one for the peanuts - I wasn't looking for bark!
icon_smile.gif

Another one is the Richard's Barbeque Rub (Ree-Shard's) from Louisiana. Available online at cajungrocer.com I think. When you want a slightly spicier, well-formed bark(very important to me) this is the one to go with, and it's ultra cheap to boot.
I did a Pork Tenderloin with the Texas rub a couple weeks ago that got rave reviews.

Again Bryan, thanks for the nut recipe. I love nuts, I love BBQ, this was a sure winner.

Back