Help....New Town BBQ Showdown St. Louis MO

Ryan Dethrow

Hi all….

Want to first thank all everyone for a great info source regarding all things BBQ….I am a novice when it comes to the WSM but love all things BBQ (without this site I would never have made the jump to the WSM!)I live in a community in Northern St. Charles County (St. Louis, Missouri Area) called New Town at St. Charles and for the last couple of years they have held a BBQ competition titled “New Town BBQ Showdown”. It’s been a great event and I believe it was even sanctioned by the STL BBQ society. This year no one stepped up to the plate to coordinate the event and I am in the process of exploring the idea and handling it myself. Next week I am meeting with the community event planner and I wanted put this out there to gauge interest in teams of all types and also get some pointers having never organized a cook-off before. Prior year’s competitions were sponsored by some big names in the area and prize money was good for such a small event. This is a very much a family community and the competition in past years included live music, beer service and things for the kids.

I will say that I love to cook and am very passionate about it. I would love more than anything to get some pointers and more importantly get some feedback on who would like to participate? Also I would prefer to have it judged professionally but obviously calendars are booked for the season and I am Still in the beginning phase finding those details. Any feedback would be appreciated and in the mean time see the links below. One is my BBQ blog and the other is the Facebook link for the past years BBQ showdowns.

Blog: www.ryandethrow.blogspot.com

New Town BBQ Showdown: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pa...down/125971964081274

Back