Buncha Recent Cooks

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
The darn iPad has me off the computer so much that I never download any pics. Combine with a busy December at work, and there wasn't too much to look at. But here are some recent cooks:

Jerk Chicken and Acorn Squash. Seasoned the squash with butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Shoulda taken the chix off here, but was behind on the squash:

DSCN4242.jpg

Chicken off:

DSCN4246.jpg

Squash off:

DSCN4249.jpg

All plated up with some red quinoa:

DSCN4262.jpg

While that was cooking, I made some sirloins and zukes for the wife and kids:

DSCN4253.jpg

DSCN4259.jpg

DSCN4257.jpg

Some smoked salmon appetizer for Thanksgiving:

DSCN4264.jpg

Bob C's Magic Steak Dip, along with some sauteed 'shrooms, grilled peppers and onions, and jasmine rice:

DSCN4315.jpg

Hickory grilled burgers with caramelized onions, sharp cheddar and No. 5 Sauce:

DSCN4322.jpg

DSCN4325.jpg

DSCN4326.jpg

Emeril's beef stock. This stuff is so good! All you folks that have leftover beef bones from your rib roasts should try this.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/rec...ck-recipe/index.html

DSCN4334.jpg

More smoked salmon for Christmas appetizers. This time I added some finishing rub and topped with an olive oil, lemon juice, red onion and caper dressing. Delish!

DSCN4362.jpg

DSCN4363.jpg

And finally, a nice, bon-in ribeye with garlic and onion powder, kosher salt and fresh pepper. Asparagus with lemon and parmesan cheese, and red crashers:

DSCN4368.jpg

If all goes well, I'll make Jamie's Paella tonight.

I hope everyone's holidays were great. Here's to a happy, healthy 2012!

Jim

Alot of great looking food m8! Salmon looks killer! And that stock is on the list for sure. But This
DSCN4315.jpg
Is a work of art!

Happy New Jim!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The darn iPad has me off the computer so much that I never download any pics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ha! Right there with ya. It's put a serious dent in my participation here...Still lurk a lot though.

Everything looks great! Love the chicken especially.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Clint:
did you brine & smoke the salmon? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clint: in both cases, I used the brine from the cooking topics and cooked at about 225 over some sugar maple until I hit an internal of 135-140. In the second case, I applied a light dusting of the "Cardogs" finishing rub (also in the cooking topics) prior to cooking. The dressing I used can be found here:

http://www.food.com/recipe/smo...oil-and-lemon-218716

Jim

Great cooks Jim!

If you are an iPad user, I'm guessing you might also be an iPhone user. I use the PhotoBucket app on my phone and upload pics as I take them. It makes for easy posting.

OMG, Jim...those pics are amazing!
I just drooled into my keyboard, though, so I gotta go fix this.

Happy New Year, buddy!

Back