Pizza Stone Recommendations

LarryR

TVWBB Diamond Member
I'm looking for 16" pizza stone, anyone have a good recommendation? Thanks in advance.

Larry,

I have two fibrament baking stones. I can't compare it with other products because I have never owned anything else. Being a product used in deck ovens it got to do the job. Just know that they need a good bit of time to come up to temp. I noticed that they have added a product that can go on the grill. It looks like the stone gets place on a diffuser of some sort. Having the flexibility to bake inside or out on the grill might be an option worth considering.

I have been on the quest for a good pizza for a while now and it is no different then the bbq addiction. One day I will have a wood fired oven installed next to the wsm. Until then has anybody seen or used one of these?

Gary

Mike it's 15.5" I don't know why you couldn't use it in the WSM or OTG, I'm buying it for a Kamado. If memory serves me correctly its around $55.

Larry, I have a Papa Murphys pizza place across the street from me..my favorite pizza they make is the Chicago Stuffed. That being said, little piggy I am, like to add more pepperoni, sliced mushrooms, olives, and extra cheese, and whatever else I have on hand. If you go to their website, they suggest using bricks around the outer grill area to cook their pizzas. They say to cook the pizza on the cardboard the pizza comes on. I believe it's a 16" pizza, that's why I was looking for a 16 " stone. What do ya 'all think about that?

Don't shoot me or smoke me please but I like the Green Egg Pizza Stones
icon_biggrin.gif

I like the one from "The Pampered Chef".

We're on our 2nd one.

Only thing is allow extra time for pre-heat. Our oven has a pre-heat timer with count-down, but the stone seems to work better if I give it about an extra 5 minutes. (Never tried it on my gasser though...)

Green Egg Pizza Stones
This is what I like about this site is you don't get flamed for using other cookers, accessories etc.

I ordered a fibrament stone but it didn't arrive in time so I picked-up a Pampered Chef stone on CL for $15 brand new. So far so good, really like it. I may send the fibrament stone back (still un-opened) I like the CL stone so much.

I've been looking at the Fibrment stones. Looking for a rectangular for the Kitchen oven and a round one for the kettle.

I've had a couple emails as recently as yesterday. They do warn you that fibrament will not take a "direct flame". That's why they have the versions with the diffuser for the grills. I like the 19" for the kettle, but doesn't come with a diffuser. Might have to make sure I have no direct flame or use tiles as a diffuser. Or just get one of the smaller round ones.

Anyone out there use a 19" on their kettle?

My wife just picked up one of these I havent used it yet, but I see some talk of "difusers"? Would it be safe to use this pampered chef stone on the wsm?

Brandon

Back