Ash Canister 22.5 OTG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary McD

TVWBB Pro
I would be interested in hearing about how easy or difficult it is to take your ash canister off the grill.

The reason I am asking is that on mine you need the strength of superman to install it or take it off. Subsquently, I called CS at Weber and they sent me a new attachment ring. Upon changing it I inspected the original one and you can see where the canister is rubbing against the tab that secures the ring to the left leg (looking from the front of the grill).

The new ring rubs too, but not as badly, so I carefully adjusted it (I wacked it with a rubber mallet), but there is still some rubbing.

I can't see any problem with the leg boss on the kettle, so I am wondering if this is a problem with all OTG models.

Before I call CS again I would like to hear from the 22.5 OTG owners.

Mine is a little tough to get off but I thought that's how it was supposed to be. I'll take another look at mine. Maybe I can file something down.

I had one that was impossible to get off. The one i've got now is pretty simple, though the one that was impossible still has me recommending the silver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back