Butcher near Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewjeff

TVWBB Member
I live in metro-west Boston.

Anyone know of good source for meat,
especially brisket?

All I can find are 4-5 lb briskets in the supermarkets...and they are NOT CHEAP!

Thanks!

Jeff

Try Wal-Mart. Here in Southern Indiana they carry whole, untrimmed briskets in the 8-12 pound range. They are vacuum-packed. I paid $.88/lb. for the 10-pounder in my freezer.

Steve

Thanks for the reply Steve.

The Walmart's around here don't
sell groceries. I should have mentioned that I have tried the wholesale clubs (Sams, BJs) and while the briskets can be
somewhat larger (8lbs) they are
still relatively expensive (around $3/lb)
to prices I'm reading about in other parts of the US.

Jeff, what you need to find is whole, untrimmed brisket ("packer cut", both the point and the flat sections). The grocery stores around here carry the flat sections only, and charge $2-$3 a pound for them. So, I can get a 10 lb. whole brisket at Wal-Mart for about the same price as a 4 lb. flat at the grocery store. Go figger...

Good luck.
Steve

Hi Jeff,
There is a butcher shop in North Andover that is incredible! It is called the Butcher Boy, and I believe that they also have a website. My parents still live in the Boston area and when I go home I always pick up some nice Delmonico steaks. It is a little bit more money then a wholesale club, but i think that it is worth it. I don't know how close you are, but if you are in the area, I highly recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back