NY Strip and veggies

This is the first time I have fired up the kettle since the beginning of the year. I think they are trying to kill me at work. So for vacation I picked up a NY Strip, 2" thick and 1.5 pounds. Salted the outside and let it sit.

DSC00459.jpg

While the strip was salting, I fired up the grill and put on potatoes. They were split in half and oiled. Flipped after 20 minutes. Oiled some asparagus, onions and mushrooms. Put those on the grill.

DSC00460.jpg

After a while I put veggies on indirect and threw on the steak. That was after I rinsed off the steak and patted dry. Seasoned with Everglades seasoning. Everything should taste like the Everglades.
icon_wink.gif
Not as hot as I wanted it but it cooked the way I wanted it.

DSC00461.jpg

On the plate with some white rice.

DSC00462.jpg

Cut into the meat and this is how it came out. Perfect in my humble opinion. Not a piece went to waste!

DSC00467.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by R_Sanchez:
Brian,

You mentioned the salt and rinse, but can you share the rest of your technique for cooking those steaks? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem. Let the salt sit on the steak for about a hour while the other veggies cooked. Rinsed off, padded dry then added Everglades seasoning. Put on direct 5 minutes a side, it was not a really hot fire at that point. Then on indirect 5 minutes a side. Then ate. I usually touch the meat to find how done it is. Check out YouTube for how to perfectly cook a steak. Basically hold your hand open and touch the ball of your hand, that is the part that connects to the thumb and that is rare-med rare, touch the center and it is medium. When the steak feels like that it is done.

DSC00471.jpg

Works for me.

Back