kettle rotisserie

George Curtis

TVWBB Olympian
i must have missed it somewhere. but just found out that weber is again/still making the kettle rotisserie unit. i was under the impression that they were not.

George, I got mine from Amazon three weeks ago. Someone is shipping them. But some how I don't get the impression that it's from Weber's cental casting.

Check out the Cajun Bandit guys. They are now making a Stainless Steel Roto Ring that fits snug on a 22" Weber Kettle AND the 22" WSM. Much nicer then the Weber Roto ring that uses the tabs to hold it loosely on to the kettle.

Copy that, Steve. I have both the Weber and the Cajun Bandit rotis and I really like the fit from the Cajun Bandit. Their rig comes with a motor that can be powered by either battery or AC. I ran the battery with some roti chicken with Shaslick (Moroccan pesto) last week and it could not have come out better.

Jim, just so I'm totally clear...

You're using the Cajun Bandit spit and motor with an original Weber 22" ring? I have a ring and nothing else, and the CB setup looks like it might be what I need.

I emailed CB as well but confirmation from an actual user would be great. Thanks!

Brad

Hi Brad,
I actually have two separate units, the Weber Roti and the Cajun (C&C Grilling)Roti. I've been using Cajun unit over the Weber 22-1/2 OTG.

I purchased one from Amazon a few weeks ago. I found that it works better on my newer One-touch than it does on my old Mastertouch. The lid on the mastertouch will just slide around and not fit, but the lid on the newer one-touch will fit tightly with no movement.

Also the rotisserie ring fits tighter on the newer one-touch with a smaller air gap, compared to the mastertouch.

I had no idea that the bowls and lids had changed over the years but apparantly they had.

Just getting back to my post...been a bit busy, only some of it with the Perfomer.

Thanks for the advice...now just got to figure out whether to try the CB or the Weber roti. Have a hankering to try some Argentine style beef short ribs done on a roti instead of usual Asado

Back