Skyline Series

Dan Tauriello

I rescued a Weber last night from the dump. Great shape and it is called a Skyline Series. Nevere heard about that line. I know it is older - has the Durawood slats.

Can anyone tell me anything about it? It is not going to take much but a clean up - grates are clean and look new - even has a cover, warming tray and a condiment holder.

Skyline series was a Genesis gas grill specially branded for Sears. Hard to know which exact Genesis model it corresponds to.

If you call Weber Customer Support at 800-446-1071 and give them the serial number (found on the back panel by the burner knobs--starts with "E" followed by another letter and then a series of numbers) they can tell you exactly what it is and get you any replacement parts, if needed.

Regards,
Chris

Thanks for the info, it fired right up - in really good shape - going to give it a good cleaning.

Fourth old Weber saved this summer!

I bought one a couple of years ago, $75., like new with a side burner. Took the red top of my other weber, and it was good to go. Recentley replaced the starter. According to Weber it is a Gensis model, the owners booklet was all from weber. Good luck with your find.
icon_cool.gif

Back