Maple syrup bacon

Dave/G

TVWBB Emerald Member
How much maple syrup should I use per pound of loin with the cure for canadian bacon?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave/G:
How much maple syrup should I use per pound of loin with the cure for canadian bacon? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dave, Just use the Maple bacon recipe posted in the pork recipes forum. It should be plenty for a whole loin. This one here.

on Bryan's link, Rhulmans recipie, I made twice now tottaling 3 sides. ...anyway I didn't get enough maple in the first amount, following exactly the recipie. I added a splash more the second round and per bryan suggestion, used a good quality (Im always to cheap for good quality) grade A dark amber. all the difference I needed. the canadian bacon thing im unfamiliar w/ but I WILL try some someday along w/ many many other things... I need to retire! (im 24, lol) no time for fun.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan H.:
used a good quality (Im always to cheap for good quality) grade A dark amber. all the difference I needed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep Dan, Using Dark Amber syrup, is key to getting a deeper maple flavor in the bacon if that's what you desire. I can get it here for a decent price, so that's what I use.

Back