New Q200 owner and happy about it

Scotty Be

Been looking for a while on CL for a Q (hopefully 120) for tailgating, camping, ect. Just missed a nice one with cart, and had just left Ace Hardware where I had pretty much made my mind I was just gonna go ahead and buy one when I clicked on an add that just said "Small BBQ grill $100" but the pics told a whole different story. Called the guys and said I would be there with cash in the morning. He called it a baby Q and I saw the tables in the pics so I thought I had found a 120.
What I got was a used Q200 (used 3 times, supposedly) and folding cart plus the 20lb adapter hose for $100. Maybe not a screaming deal, but I figured I got the grill for $50 since I was gonna get the cart anyways. Brought it home and cleaned it up (basically washed the dust off) and it fired right up and looks like new. Made about 3 dozen wings on it last night and must say, I see what the hype is about. Thats alot of fat and most grills will flare up big time loaded like that, but not this one. And the wings in the corner cooked as well as the ones in the middle of the grill. Nice. Its a little bigger than I set out for but after using it I think I will be happy I have the extra room in the end.

Oh yeah, I had some questions...
I did have to purchase a grease pan holder, so I went ahead and combined the shipping on a thermometer as well. Is it as easy as drilling a hole and putting it in?
And I was a little taken back as to why the grill only takes the slim more expensive propane cylinders. Is there a post to some sort of modification to allow it to accept the Coleman ones? I was able to just the take the bracket out of the top attachment point and bend it so it would hold them ok, but was looking for a more permanent solution if there was one out there...

yes, some have just drilled a hole though i'm not sure that you really need it. as to the larger coleman cans, i just took the original holder off and bent some metal strapping to fit and screwed that to the upper side bracket.

I will try some strapping Thanks. Like I said, I was ordering the other piece anyways so it was only $12 with no shipping. I might actually put it on my Kettle if I find I dont need it after a few uses.

Back