Steamed Broccolli

Paul H

TVWBB Gold Member
Ok, went to Cheeseburger in Paradise . They had a teriyaki steamed broccolli side dish that was excellent. I've tried it at home with little success in duplicating it. Looks rather simple veggie, teriyaki sauce,garlic, and steam. Any ideas???

Try using a different liquid than water for the steam. I make broccolli by a quick saute with olive oil and garlic until it is bright green. Then I add about 1 cup chicken stock with a pinch of crushed red pepper, cover, and cook until done. I saw this simple recipe somewhere and i cant remember where, meaning i cant give the proper credit. But, using the chicken broth gives it a better flavor. Give it a try with some different liquids.

My guess would be they steam it, then sauce it. When I make steamed broccoli I steam it over water until it's just about to my desired tenderness, then shock it in ice water.

Meantime, I sautee some chopped garlic in olive oil (just a minute or so, to cook off the "raw" taste), and then toss in the broccoli for a couple of quick tosses. Usually I add some crushed red pepper, and of course season everything. I would guess at this point you could just add some teriyaki sauce to the skillet, toss everything, and serve.

Back