Bought the One-Touch Gold this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Albin

TVWBB Member
I've been wanting to ditch my gas grill in favor of charcoal and this weekend I did it.

I bought a 22 1/2" One-Touch Gold at Home Depot for $139 and some accessories. Assembly was a breeze once I figured out the diagram for the ash catcher.

This weekend I grilled steaks, sausage, portabella mushrooms, and asparagus over the course of a couple of meals. Some quick thoughts:
1. It took only a half a Weber chimney for any of the meals I prepared. I probably could have used even less.
2. The taste crushes that from a gas grill. I made mushrooms on the gas grill as well and everyone agreed the charcoal shrooms were much much better.
3. Ash removal and cleanup are a snap with the Gold.

One question ...
Does everyone just sit the lid on the ground when loading or unloading the food? There has to be a better way than just plopping it down on the grass.

Brian

If it does I'm not seeing it. I guess I could hook it on the grill handle, but it's still shiny and new and I don't want it falling off and chipping just yet.

Brian

It actually doesn't come on the Gold, but the lid holder can be had here for 20 bucks if you want one. I have the Performer and the holder is pretty handy.

Paul

I believe the gold has a hook inside the lid that you just hang over the edge of the grill. Or you could buy the "slide aside", a lid holder that attaches to the side of the grill. It works like the grill holder on the MasterTouch or the Performer.

Bill

Slide Aside at Amazon.com

The gold does have a hook in the cover, it hooks on the side of the grill or one of the handles and works well. It's on the opposite side of the top vent, it's convenient to just slide the lid aside to keep from sucking up ashes and just hook the lid on the edge.

The slide aside lid holder is nice but I believe it hooks to the rim of the kettle which can keep the lid from getting a good seal.

Easiest place for me to put lid? Simple...I set it on top of my chimney which i keep next to the grill...nice stable heat proof place unless you have kids and dogs running near.

Brian - great minds think alike. I have been debating between the OTS and the OTG for a few weeks now. W-M had the Silver on clearance for $74, but I just purchased the Gold for $129 on Amazon.com. Can't beat that "true grill flavor" you get from charcoal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back