jumper battery pack??

Mike H.

TVWBB Member
Does anyone use a battery pack to run there Pit Minder or DigiQ?? If so what type and how long can you run? Do you need any kind of adapter to plug into it??
thanks
Mike

Guru sells two different adpters. One hooks to a car battery and the other is for the cigarette lighter. I have both adapters. As to how long you can run depends on the power of the jumper battery pack. Never tried to see how long it will run.
Don't buy a cheap jumper battery pack, you will regret it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike H.:
Does anyone use a battery pack to run there Pit Minder or DigiQ?? If so what type and how long can you run? Do you need any kind of adapter to plug into it??
thanks
Mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mike I do. Get a jumper pack with a cig lighter in it, and get the cig adapter from Guru. I got my Jumper at Wal Mart for $30.00 IIRC, it's samll like 300 amps. I can do 3 cooks easy before recharging. Say a brisket, butt, and a high heat chicken or turkey no problem. I'll guess at 30-35 hrs no problem. Here's one similar to mine

I run 2 DigiQs on a small jumper pack w/cig adapters. Have done three full cooks without a recharge. It might go further but I don't want to push it. Bought it at Pep Boys on sale for $20.

Hey Bryan S, this is the BigGQ. Long time no see/talk to. Hope you are doing well.

You can get the cig addapters at Wal Mart or Radio Shack for a few bucks. I had one sitting down the basement from an old radar detector or something.

Back