Spend a day on the comp trail

MKEvenson

TVWBB Wizard
If you are interested in learning comp BBQ from the inside, Come spend the day with me and the wife at Smokin' on the Water, Clear Lake, Calif.

http://www.cbbqa.org/wiki/inde...okin%27_on_the_Water

We will be cooking 4 meats in a KCBS comp. If you are in the area and want to experience what it's like, I would be happy to have you join Mark's Kitchen & Smokin' BBQ for a day. In exchange you might be asked to wash some dishes, tend some fires, carry some boxes etc. You will meet many comp teams and get the feel of a full blown BBQ comp.
Please email me if you are interested. Questions can be asked here.

Mark

If it was only closer, like in BC.
icon_wink.gif

Good luck Mark!

Does this include roundtrip airfare and lodging accommodations? If so, I think I can be talked into being a runner for turn-in's or even wash some dishes.

Would love to join you but I think 2.5 hours is a little to far. Let me know if you're ever doing any of the comps closer to Sac though!

Good luck at the comp!

Thanks Justin, most teams travel that far or longer. My drive time to Clear Lake is that far. Sorry it's not worth the time.

Mark

Hey Mark,
If I could get my A$$ back to Cali, Maybe Grilled Expectations and Mark's Kitchen could team up! But alas, That wont be for at least a couple years.

Mark - Thanks for this great opportunity, but many of us live too far away to take you up on your offer.

If there is a team competing in or near Middle Tennessee, I would be happy to exchange gopher work for a day to be able to learn and participate in a comp.

Jim H.

I will be at Nashville Music city BBQ festival next weekend 26th-27th at riverfront park downtown, another member here Jeff Hite is scheduled to be there too. I am in Dickson so this one is close to home for me. I will setup Thursday.You are welcomed to come hangout and spend some time with me, I will have several people mingling in and out so feel free to visit. My email is in my profile if you have any questions.

Back