Petition to bring back the SJP.

Hayden McCall

TVWBB All-Star
Weber seriously needs to put this baby back in production. It is clearly in demand, and in heavy use. Just look at all the thread topics on it. I'm trying to put together a digital petition to submit to Weber in an effort to influence a decision to put this model back on the shelves. If anyone has any ideas on how I can formally put something together, please let me know. In the meantime...I ask that everyone in favor of an SJP revival, sound off on this thread. I'm working on getting some eyes on this.

Our Ace Hardware has four in the box. Going to pick up a couple for my brother. I bought a backup a year or so ago that sits in my garage unused in the event my original peters out.

FYI...One of 3 local Ace stores in the Charlotte, NC area had 1 SJP left. I say "had" because I bought that one! $49.99...not bad. Looks like a real nice portable - can't wait to take it for a spin! By the way, with the code stamped "DR" on the vent, looks like it was built in 2006.

I had another Ace check nationwide stock on their warehouses. They said they only had 16 in all their warehouses. Doesn't include those stores that have them in stock.

If you find one and you want one, better grab it!

Thanks,
JP

I agree!!

I've just discovered this thread now, but wholeheartedly believe that Weber should bring back the SJP. I love my SJG, but sometimes you just need the extra grid space.

I think if they brought it back with the right marketing it would be a big hit. Something like,
"For a limited time only, we're offering a Limited Edition SJP. Buy one and get the Weber tool set for free. (Just pay S.& H.) But wait there's more, buy now and at no extra cost to you we'll upgrade to a color of your choice. Choose from Red, Blue, Green, or the ever popular Copper. Act now because quanitys are limited".
They need to build in the demand with hype. I's amazing how a "Limited Edition" anything can whip up a buying frenzy. Weber-heads from all over the world be buying them up. Put me down for two, one Red, one Copper.

Back