ProQ WSM Stacker

I think Fred's Music and BBQ carries the Pro Stacker. Fred was on the BBQ Central Radio show last summer and I heard him say something about ProQ Stackers.

Pat

Yes I have seen his video review also.
I just haven't heard of any one using it and was wondering how they like it and how it affects the cook.

From everything I've read about it, it does not make a huge difference or dent in temp control or fuel usage.

The most hated part I've read, is because it sits on the outside of the WSM (as opposed to sitting on the inside like the lid) is that it lets bbq goo run down the outside, so more cleaning.

I forget though, how much is it, like $75 or something. For me, I'd rather just pick up a second used WSM, more bang for my buck that way.

Todd

I got the ProQ WSM Stacker last Fall and most recently used it Sunday to do 22 pounds of loin ribs. I have modified it slightly and use it upside down to eliminate the bbq goo issue (BrandonS? originally came up with this mod).

I have not noticed any difference in fuel usage or cooking/burn times when using the stacker. As I already had the WSM, I viewed the stacker as a way to increase my cooking capacity without having to move immediately to a 22"WSM. So far, it has been great. Only issue is that it does not have the tough porcelain finish of the WSM.

I rarely used mine, and probably never will again. New years eve we had a party and somehow it got smashed. It was sitting on the patio on its side and someone fell on it, I was a little disapointed but it was mostly a hastle. 3 racks is too much messing around, I'd rather have another WSM.

Originally posted by Brandon A:
I rarely used mine, and probably never will again. New years eve we had a party and somehow <span class="ev_code_RED">it got smashed. It was sitting on the patio on its side and someone fell on it</span> , I was a little disapointed but it was mostly a hastle. 3 racks is too much messing around, I'd rather have another WSM.

Was that somebody a little "smashed" himself?
icon_wink.gif

The stacker does the job of increasing cooking capacity when needed. If more cooking space is needed more then occasionally I would consider finding another 18 or the larger 22 WSM. The stacker won't hold up nearly as well to rigors of regular use. For the occasional cook it does what it is suppose to do at a reasonable cost.

Gary

Originally posted by Larry D.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brandon A:
I rarely used mine, and probably never will again. New years eve we had a party and somehow <span class="ev_code_RED">it got smashed. It was sitting on the patio on its side and someone fell on it</span> , I was a little disapointed but it was mostly a hastle. 3 racks is too much messing around, I'd rather have another WSM.

Was that somebody a little "smashed" himself?
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be a safe bet Larry, cant have nothing nice
icon_rolleyes.gif
I was in bed, so it happened late. My wife said someone fell and knocked the windbreak over and it in turn squashed the stacker. Anyone in the market for a rare football shaped stacker with the door broke off?
icon_wink.gif
Discount price!

Brandon

I also use mine"flipped". When you are cooking a lot of stuff the extra capacity is nice. I used it last when cooking for the High school football team (19 tri tips).

Thanks everyone for your responses

It is nice to have options like this. Might get one while saving up for another WSM, maybe the 22.5.

Back