g0tta ? big 0l' p0rk steaks

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
It's been over a month since I've had a pork steak to eet. Last night, the 26" OTG was put to work.
DSCN7843.JPG

These were cut to order from local Harry Hansen's. 'bout 1 and a half inch thick.
DSCN7840.JPG

Then, seasoned with a pork rub found on page 25 of Weber's Time To Grill.
DSCN7842.JPG

Pork Rub
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>2t pure chile powder
2t ground black pepper
2t kosher salt
2t ground cumin
2t dried oregano
1t granulated garlic[/list]
(i used ancho chile pepper & only 1t of salt)

The grill was fired up and apple wood was used for smoke. Seared both sides of the pork and away we go!
DSCN7846.JPG

DSCN7850.JPG

Got the temp to settle about 275º to 300ºF butt it wasn't easy. Again, I used too much Kingsford.
These guys will be in there for about 90 minutes.
DSCN7849.JPG

Those monster taters were pretty cooked, then using the tongs, I picked up one end of a steak and it felt nice&tender...
Time to sauc'em... I did have Rufus around so he went on.
DSCN7859.JPG

another 15 minutes with sauce on each side and we're gonna <span class="ev_code_GREY">EET</span>!
DSCN7860.JPG

Plated with the taters and perfectly steamed Brussel sprouts, these were tender, juicy and very tasty!
DSCN7863.JPG

DSCN7862.JPG

Man0maN, I <span class="ev_code_RED">?</span> B1G 0l' p0rk steaks!
Make some tonight!!

Looks really REALLY good Jim! Emilie bought a BIG bag of fresh Brussel´s after seing that you always include them. Hopfully i will enjoy them...And that my memory serves me wrong bout the taste.(or she has food for the comming week...Couse someone WILL eat them thats for sure.)

Have a great weekend Jim! And give Liz a hug from us.

Love the looks of your porky steaks Jim!
Grilled to perfection!

There are some strange images on your grill though.
Must be the recent sun spot activity.

jims%2520grill%2520image.JPG

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">strange images </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:
strange images </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Classic! And beautiful Porkers!!

Looks great, Jim!

I seem to have the same problem - too much charcoal to start my cooks. I keep thinking my fire will die before I get my meal cooked, but so far that hasn't been the case. Usually my grill is hotter than I want it to be, so I have to make myself start fewer coals and add a few unlit to the top of the lit coals once I spread them out on the charcoal grate. so far, so good.
icon_cool.gif

Back