wooden handle

i don't have an extra set as i'm gonna take the plastic ones off my one touch and install the wood ones i have. sometimes you can get a junk weber that still has good handles on cl. or just make yer own out of some good wood or dowels.

A wooden handle that old is going to have 2 rivets, most of the ones I've come across that are in bad shape are better off replacing with a new handle. You'll have to drill a hole in the center of the bracket. A single screw wood handle won't work because the bracket does not have tabs to secure the handle and it will eventually spin around the bracket.(been there, tried that) In the long run a new handle is the way to go.

we are the mod kings here. pins can be installed or two screws can be used. i just hate the look of the plastic. other grill makers still use wood. just looks better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
............ I just hate the look of the plastic. other grill makers still use wood. just looks better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Different Countries Different Thinking - Here in Australia many people are replacing the wooden handles with plastic.

My freinds and I did it last season, unfortunately we have all discarded the wooden handles so I can't help you out.

Regards

The plastic handles get too hot. I had to wear gloves to lift the lid on a hot kettle so I made wooden handles. They won't win any ribbons at the fair, but they don't burn my hands.

I have a set I made that your more than welcome to have. I can make plenty more.Sorry sucky pic.http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q64/Skidder1/Picture043.jpg[/IMG]

Back