Work table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Wheeler

TVWBB Member
I love the Performer and eventually plan to get one, but until then, I am stuck with my OTG. What would you suggest that I use as a work table? I see that Weber offers one, but the dimensions aren't listed. It also appears that I'd have to take the table down anytime I moved the grill, which is a minor drawback. I'd really appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,
Anthony

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000WEPHKM/tvwb-20

Well there is nothing wrong with being stuck with a OTG.
icon_wink.gif

As far as tables I have a 24/48 SS Load King and a Coleman folding camp table.
Check out the sporting goods stores, or you could build your own.
Tim

This might be over kill, but one of those 6 foot long folding tables would work. It's light, easy to move around, hang, store, etc and can be used for many other things. You can sometimes grab them onsale at target or kmart for 29.99.

Todd

Anthony-

Last week, I was lucky enough to find a Performer on Craigslist. Prior to that, like you, I used a OTS and wanted a work table. As luck would have it, I found one of the old style maple work tables at my local Ace hardware.

Before I could install the table, I found the Performer. If you are interested, I am willing to sell it to you. At this point, I have no use for it. I have attached a stock photo and one of my unopened box.

Stock Photo

My Table

I paid $35 for the table. If you are interested, please let me know. Otherwise, I plan to put it on eBay this week.

I always read about people finding the performer on Craigslist but where I live, you never see a performer for sale and hardly anything else Weber. The only things I've seen are OTS's and one Weber gas grill which I missed out on.

I just use the back patio table since my deck is not very big and that works out fine.

Wayne

Frank,
Thanks for the offer. I read some reviews about that table and see that the suggestions have been to buy the other work table that Weber offers.

Thanks,
Anthony

Originally posted by Wayne Dimirsky:
I always read about people finding the performer on Craigslist but where I live, you never see a performer for sale and hardly anything else Weber. The only things I've seen are OTS's and one Weber gas grill which I missed out on.

I just use the back patio table since my deck is not very big and that works out fine.

Wayne

Wayne-

It was definitely a stroke of incredible luck. I got a 2005 Performer with not a mark or scratch on it, a Weber grilling book, a bag of Kingsford, a bag of mesquite chunks and a new wire brush; all for $95.

I have that side table on my 18.5" OTS and find it very helpful. I do wish it was slightly larger though. I have been thinking of getting a second one for the other side, but that costs money. Moving the grill a little is no problem, but if you are going to be putting it away in a shed after every use then you would want to remove it... but it is just clipped onto the rim so it comes off easy.

Anthony,

I have the newer side table with the two legs on my 22" OTG. It's definitely larger than the older wooden side tables, but not as large as the performer work area. I'll measure it when I get home if you want the numbers. I really like it, plenty of room for a couple of plates. I'd say it's aprox. 21" x 19" at its widest/longest points.

I use a table, using a Black & Decker Workmate as a base. Then a piece of plywood or OSB cut the size that you want. Attach a scrap piece of 2x4 in the center with 5/8" deck screws, and just tighten the jaws. You can add 1/4 round trim around the edges, to keep things from falling off, putty over the screw heads and paint. I also picked up a beach umbrella at Big Lots for $6, and drilled a hole in the table to make a sun/rain shade. I am going to make a larger table to be used for serving or extra eating surface. No pictures, sorry, I don't own a digital camera.

Originally posted by Anthony Wheeler:
Frank, out of curiosity, what are the dimensions of the side table that you have. I can't seem to find them.

The dimensions are 12x16x1.

I built a couple work tables from rustbucket Weber gasser frames. They roll around easily, good for storage and just the right height for working around a kettle.
100_1562.jpg

100_3013.jpg

100_1758.jpg

A lot of abused Weber's in my neck o' the woods.

Originally posted by Jeff Smith:
Brian
Love the carts. The one with your 2 wsms, what model gas grill was that before?

That was a Stainless Performer Touch n' Go. It was a basket case and I couldn't justify dumping a lot of $$ into rehabbing it since I already had one. I'm planning on adding a fold down table on the front.

Mike- I was able to squeeze them in a CRV!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back