BBQ Guru Customer (no)Service

Steve Whiting

TVWBB All-Star
I purchased a set of WSM Probe Eyelets a few months back and installed them in a matter of minutes with no problem. I recently purchased a new set for the new midsection of my WSM and attempted to do the same thing. The first one installed easy as usual but the second one just would not split and flair. I even broke the Hex Head Cap Screw in half trying to tighten it. Remembering I had the HHCP from my first set of eyelets I attempted to use it but also to no avail. It only stripped the screw cap.
So is this an extremely hard Eyelet or what? Does anyone know if the eyelets have been scored or cut to assist in the flaring? If so, maybe this one was missed.

Anyway, I feel like this was a defective eyelet so on Monday I sent an email to the BBQ Guru people explaining my situation and asking for a replacement. No Response. Tuesday afternoon I called and left a message for a call back on their voicemail. Still no call back. Has anyone had reason to contact the BBQ Guru Customer service and if so what was your experience?
So far I am NOT impressed

Steve,

Sorry to hear that. My experiance was HERE.

I didn't hear anything from them...but they made it right.

I have only had the one experiance, but it was a good one and one where I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Hope this helps, and I hope they keep it up. I hear Shotgun Fred had a stroke recently, and I hope it hasn't affected their business much. It shouldn't, but I do not know for sure.

My $.02

I have talked to their senior Engineer, Tim, several times and he always helped me out. Call and see if you can get in touch with him.

I ordered a set of the eyelets for my newly acquired WSM and asked what shipping would cost to Canada. They said $28 to which I said no thank you. I was told the eyelets would be shipped in an envelope for a few dollars.

Well, the eyelets arrived yesterday.

Cost of eyelets $16
Cost of shipping $28.04

I called their customer service today and the staff are at a competition. So far I am not impressed! I do hope they resolve this.

I called Broil King yesterday and their customer service was top notch!

a returned guru went horrible at first cause i couldnt make any contact any darn way at all! Then, so i got contact with some tech guy, finally, for about a week, etc. and he gave me his personal cell number for 'current' problems i was having so i could give him a live broadcast
icon_smile.gif
. ....Anyway after a 2 week long thing he was the only one i EVER EVER got a hold of. To be honest i posted a long while back that there service was an A but i meant his service was an A. They tood forever to refund me also which really made me mad, being i had no one to call to ask about it. I call it laziness cause if i worked that way i'de be homeless. I never got good business not answering my phone. long story short i buttered it up in the auto temp. control section of forum so i didn't sound bitter to all you helping me figure out my funky unit. but really meant to say there no good. (except for that guy that just works there, forgot his name.
icon_smile.gif
sorry, just me, but I'll never buy anything else from them, I don't trust them and my refund took forever, even thought they had a perfectly returned item, and I to this day never have had an answere on there phone besides that one. pathetic. (thanks, but sorry, steve, for asking. i feel better
icon_biggrin.gif
)

A new sales rep at bbguru made an honest mistake and after a couple of phone calls all has been resolved to my true satisfaction. They rectified an issue and have kept a customer in the process.

I just got off the phone with a BBQ Guru rep. I decided to call again and this time I reached someone. She was very kind and offered to send me a replacement at no cost. I will be expecting it end of next week so all should be well. I will use them again in the future.

I ordered a set of eyelets, but received one eyelet and two flaring tools. It tried to reach them online for three days, but their web site was down. I finally reached a young lady there by phone. She quickly handled my problem and sent a complete set of eyelets to me within a couple of days.

Just received my eyelet kit today and i am going to be completing the mod on my ECB tomorrow. I hope that I goes well.

I received my new eyelets last week. The BBQ Guru people were hard to reach but in the end they make it all right by sending a replacement at no cost to me.

I have had great service from the folks at the BBQ Guru, shoot at my first comp at 2am they came over and showed me what I was doing wrong. I bought a controller from an ebay dealer, got the wrong length probes and Guru had the correct ones in my hands in just about a week.

Interesting. I have had nothing but good service. Over the phone. Email or online was spotty. The two or three primary folks Shotgun Fred, his son, and Bob Trundak get out on the road at comps quite a bit. This is when service may slow down. No excuse of course, just trying to reconcile this with my own very positive experiences. I've been to their location. First visit wasn't even buying anything. Got the royal treatment/tour. Even sat with Pete for an hour talking about cooking techniques, etc. I've ordered on line, over the phone and picked up items in person. Always top notch service and treatment.

My first purchase was a pitminder set up. 6 months after purchase they came out with the new DigiQ II. They gave me a full refund and a discount on the DigiQ II.

Ran into a problem with the DigiQ II (early version?). The power jack stopped making contact. They turned it around with a replacement in 2 days. I am local though.

Success can create challenges I guess. I hope they have the issues with service resolved. They need to make sure they have good coverage when they hit the road.

I have bought decent amount of their products and they have all worked great.

Back