Pizza

Wolgast

TVWBB Olympian
Tryed out a new dough today No Knead?.(in the search for the perfect one).

This was a bit strange but worked ok. Loved everything from the easy prep to the finished taste/texture...Exept the Crust. Im looking for more "puff" in the crust. A well here we go:

The dough after the 18h rest in the fridge.

Every pie should start with something like this.

12"

Toppings: Red bell,olives,cheddar,tomatoe sauce,parma,pineapple.

Ready to hit the grill

500-550F

Pulled.

Resting 5 min.

A slice and a beer? Come on its on me! Dig in
icon_wink.gif

The dough is next to perfect for an easy/fast one. I have another one that i have to try. Will report back.

Here is the dough btw...Enjoy!

No Knead Pizza Dough (12 inch pizza)

113 g flour
1.6 g instant yeast
2 g sugar
3.3 g slat
79 g water (70 -90 degrees F)
18 g olive oil
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, instant yeast, and sugar, after that is done and only then whisk in salt. Make a well in the centre and add water. Use a spatula or wooden spoon, gradually stir in the flour until all the flour is moistened and the dough just begins to form, about 20 seconds. (note it takes me longer than 20 sec?)It should come away from the bowl but still stick to it a little and be a little rough looking, not smooth. Do not over mix as this will make the dough even stickier.
Pour the oil into a 2 C measuring cup. Place the dough into the oiled container. Roll the dough around to cover all sides with the oil. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 mins. or until slightly puffy. Set the dough in the fridge. 1 hour before using remove the dough from the fridge. The flavour will develop over time. Make the dough at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours ahead of time. Form into a smooth ball, cover and allow the dough to relax for 15 mins.
Use finger tips to press the dough into a 12 inch pizza or two 7 inch pizzas. Brush the surface of the dough with some of the leftover oil, cover and let sit for 30-45 mins. Bake at 475 degrees F.

Thanks for stopping by! Love and Respect...

That can't be a pizza, the meat has been made to look too pretty and flowery.. I think you should donate that away and try again.. This time focus on making the pizza look like food and not a delightful work of edible art
icon_wink.gif
hehe.

Looks great to me. Though I still think you should send some samples around.

That pizza looks awesome, Daniel!

However, KCBS rules prohibit rosettes of meat, so I'd have to DQ this pizza.
icon_wink.gif

Outstanding picture perfect pizza pie Daniel!

You want more puff, but here in the St Louis, MO area most folks like a thin crust, and heavy on the toppings.
I like a deep dish or a thick crust too,
when I'm in the mood for bread
icon_smile.gif

There's a pizza place I used to frequent whose crust looked like that. Must have been a no-knead dough as well.

It looks great! You do some great stuff with that Primo. Makes me covet one pretty badly.

Homemade pizza is the best. Yours looks perfect Daniel. btw, what pizza stone are you using in your grill? Thanks, G

Thanks for the feedback! Means ALOT comming from you all.

Gary: I use the 16" Primo stone. Its big,glazed...And have a good thermal mass.

Daniel, everything about that pizza looks great, it's perfectly cooked and the toppings look excellent. Nice job!

That looks great Daniel I'm going to give that dough a try. Is that the sauce that you posted here? I've been messing around a lot with pizza lately since making it at home is much cheaper than ordering out, usually much tastier to.

For a puffier crust you may want to try a Chicago style crust, the link is to a forum discussion with many recipes.

Can you get the Primo hotter? That might also give you a bit more puff to the dough.

BoB: Yes that is my go to pizza sauce. I guess i can max out that thermo in a heartbeat. But as many Primo users befor me the felt gasket between the lid and the body will melt. I have already ordered cotronics(high heat) replacment gaskets. But since i know pizza can be cooked around 500f with great sucsess i will look for the right dough. And thanks for the link. I know i never will achieve a Neapolitan 90 sec pizza with this grill. But i hope to perfect it with the gear i have.

<span class="flash-video"><object codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"
classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"
style="height: 390px; width: 640px"
><param name="allowScriptAccess"
value="never"
></param><param name="wmode"
value="transparent"
></param><param value="never"
/><param value="transparent"
/><param value="never"
/><param value="transparent"
/><param value="http://www.youtube.com/v/InDwfZmSikI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"
name="movie"
/><param value="true"
/><param value="always"
/><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
wmode="transparent"
allowScriptAccess="never"
height="360"
width="640"
src="http://www.youtube.com/v/InDwfZmSikI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"
/></object></span>

Back