EZ-Hooks. Anyone Try Them?

Steve Whiting

TVWBB All-Star
I have been curious about These for quite some time now. I have emailed the company twice asking if the large EZ-Hook could handle a whole Brisket but as of yet I have received no answer.
Steve Raichlen sells one that he claims can handle a whole Brisket but I really like this set of 3.
So does anyone out there have any knowledge or experience with this product?

I have used a different brand (Pig Tail set of 2) for 5 years now and I am very pleased. The large one, about 15" long will flip a brisket. My son made a very large version with a larger diameter rod that works on larger tri-tip roasts and briskets.

The hook makes a positive "grip" or hold on the meat.

joe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joe Abad:
I have used a different brand (Pig Tail set of 2) for 5 years now and I am very pleased. The large one, about 15" long will flip a brisket. My son made a very large version with a larger diameter rod that works on larger tri-tip roasts and briskets.

The hook makes a positive "grip" or hold on the meat.

joe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks for your response Joe. I still have not heard from the people at EZ-Hooks but within 30-minutes of sending my email to the Pig Tail people I received their positive response. I will be ordering the Pig Tail.

Steve ... I know you will like them. You can use both of them together to flip a large piece of meat. The large one to lift and turn and the smaller one to quide and complete the flip!

Take care... joe

Steve,

I know people that use them and are happy with them. I have a custom made 'fork' that is fashioned from a shovel handle with a 2 pronged gig on the end. This is about 5' long as I use it for briskets on a very large pit. The extra length really helps reaching the briskets on the far side.

Paul

I received my Pig Tails the other day. These things look very well built and I cannot wait to try them.
The customer service was right on. Quick response to my email and very quick delivery of my order.
I still have not heard back from the EZ-Hook people.
I made the right decision going with the Pig Tail. Thanks again Joe for the suggestion.

Back