Found more bellies!!

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
I have been wanting to do another batch of bacon, but I had only been able to find bellies at Dittmer's in Mountain View (a very fine German sausage house and butcher.). Unfortunately, Dittmer's is not in a very convenient location to get to from my house or work. I stopped in at Ranch 99 (Asian market located in Milpitas) on a whim today (barely remembered that it was even there) and found bellies a plenty!!

So, I have about 8 pounds of pork waiting on a cure. Will probably try out the brining method this time as a comparison to my previous dry cure. Mmmmmmmmm, bacon.......

Rich

If you're in San Mateo county, I recommend checking out some other asian grocers too, and not as far south.

Pacific Super in SSF (corner of El Camino and Westborough)

Hi all - Ranch 99 is definately the place to go. I would add that there's a Ranch 99 in San Jose off Lundy / Brokaw (not far from the Milpitas location) but their meat dept is WAY better. I've never seen so much beautiful pork. I would highly recommend a quick drive by this location if you're in the area.

Mike

May I also recommend checking out a well stocked Korean market. Their butcher should be able to provide assistance in getting bellies as lots of their dishes are made with them.

Back