Maverick ET-75 Rotisserie remote thermometer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I was hoping Larry Wolfe would jump in with the info, but on another site he posted they have an ETA from Maverick sometime towards the end of March. Single probe for rotisserie grilling.

I got the impression that the special thing is a collar that holds the wire to the spit - and the wire comes out of the pit on the spit and the transmitter is secured to the end of the spit.

Can we cobble together something to do that? I'm getting some ideas .......

mmmm, was just thinking the same thing, rich.
a sleeve with a groove and a little bracket, etc and around and around we go. having nothing to do i have another excuse to go the the hardware store ! yea !

Originally posted by rich langer:
I got the impression that the special thing is a collar that holds the wire to the spit - and the wire comes out of the pit on the spit and the transmitter is secured to the end of the spit.

Can we cobble together something to do that? I'm getting some ideas .......

I was thinking the same thing. I saw something on the CoffeeGeek Homeroasters forum where a guy rigged up an Oregon Scientific remote probe into his rotisserie drum roaster to measure the bean temps inside the roaster, he had the remote gerryrigged in a clamshell bracket on the end of the spit rod near the motor. He reported good results on a few posts, then someone asked about it and he said the probe wire caught on something and trashed the unit!
I was more interested in it for my coffee roaster than my Q' but the reported temp max on the Maverick is @ 410*. Great for the EZ-Que not great for my RK Drum!

They should be available around mid March. Based on my communication with the marketing manager awhile back. Check out Larry Wolfe. He'll be selling them and is taking pre-orders at a great price ($46). I have one on order with him. Nice item to have for my Performer/EZ Q combo.

Special transmitter clamps to the handle of the rotie then the probe lead and a special clamp/routing clip for the probe wire rotates with the rotie shaft.

I got some $10 remote therms from Amazon - I think I will use a small band clamp to attach the wire to the spit and Duct tape the transmitter to the handle.

Balancing might be interesting, but what the heck
icon_wink.gif

Just a quick update. Exchanged email with the product rep from Maverick yesterday. Looks like they are "now on the water" and should be available early May.

Wolfey's got the best price!!

Anybody have any updates on some Macguyver moves with regular probes on a rotiss? Just spent $200 on the E-Z Que, and $25 on a polder (if I knew about the ET-75 I would have bought that instead). Was thinking, couldn't we somehow rig it on the EZ Que since it doesn't need balancing, and have it spin around with the stick end? not as convenient obviously, but not wanting to spen any more money right now.

i'm gonna get back on it. i had family issues that had to be dealt with for three months but now getting back to normal. gotta have a collar for the wire. it also has to have the cutout so it can ride on whatever bracket, etc that it rides on. maybe a good excuse to get a mini lathe ?

I received my ET-75 about 4 weeks ago. Plan to use it in a few weeks when I break the EZque out to do some Cornish hens.

Yes let us know for sure! If not, I'll hunker down and get one from Wolfe's site, but I'd like to figure out a backdoor method!

Originally posted by george curtis:
let us know how the collar works and fits in the cutout.

Leaving on a trip, won't be able to check it out until next Wednesday I was cooking on the WSM all day today, plus work, so no chance. But I'll give report.

ok, with a bit of time i found that those spit rod bushings can be bought at a few sites. check this one. www.clagrills.com/allgrillparts/acc-rotiserries.htm look half way down the page. bu 1 for 5/16 rods and bu2 for 3/8 rods. i would just use a file to cut a bit of clearance if needed. no way can these be made for that price otherwise. believe me, i been looking. maybe for those that have a well sorted work shop it could be.

seems that don't work correctly. go to accsesories then click on rotisseries then go half way down. also one would have to rig up a bracket for the sender but that shouldn't be a biggy. or just order the darn thing.
icon_eek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back