sjs cast iron grate

Hey George,
Just goes to show that "grate" (pun intended) minds think alike. I was considering about going to a local Iron works shop to see if they might be able to fab something up for me out of Iron for the SJS and maybe one of the Kettles. What are your thoughts on that?

What size is it? BIg green egg makes a small egg that is 13 inches I believe, and they have a CI grate for it.

john, thanks. i went to the egg site. really no info there. no prices and no real measurements. i hate sites like that. i think i'll look elsewhere seeings how they want to keep things so secret.

I sometimes look at cast iron drain grates and think what good grill grates they would make. I wonder if you could find a round one to fit the sj.

-Mark.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brett Fields:
Huntingdon County Customs
He'll make anything you need.

Brett </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey! Thanks for referring people over to me. It is true I can make any size and shape grate for most any grill and I do have a SJS size kit with top and bottom grate. You can check it out over at my site. I was just looking over all the cool mods people are doing here on their webers! Keep rocking the kettles!

Back