ET-732 problems

Mike Gray

TVWBB Super Fan
Has anyone else had issues with the probes going bad? My BBQ probe started to read off by 50 to 100 degrees in the middle of my last cook. When the cook was over it still read well over 100 degrees at room temp. I have been careful when cleaning it per the instructions, but was surprised to so it go bad so fast. I called their customer service and it sounds as if they are having a lot of calls as they are backordered on replacements. They did offer to send a free replacement when more arrive (for free). Just curious if anyone else has seen issues?

I have had 2 probes quiting on me but with the old 73. I havent used my new 732 that mutch yet. Hope they will last me a long time. But who knows. I got the probes replaced aswell.

I just received my NEW ET-732 on Friday and the meat probe was bad out of the box. I'll be on the phone with Maverick this morning!

New probe arrived in the mail yesterday. Nice to get a replacement off of one phone call and at no cost!

yea, seems they do have probe issues. havn't read why though. this issue has prevented me from getting anything from them even though their service seems great.

As of last night my grill probe started reading LLL. This not happening constantly but pretty sure it's f'd. Bummer after less than 6 uses.

I am starting to think the problems are heat related. I wonder if purchasing the high heat probes would be a good idea. I was told on the phone that the problem could be one of many things including heat or moisture.

I have an ET-732 that I used for three cooks. Then according to Maverick both probes went bad at the same time.....really

Got two new replacements, the bbq seems to be working, although reacting very slow. The new food probe lasted one hour. Waiting to hear from them on what the next step is going to be.

Any suggestions on a more reliable temp gauge?

Originally posted by Andy Kay:
I have an ET-732 that I used for three cooks. Then according to Maverick both probes went bad at the same time.....really

Got two new replacements, the bbq seems to be working, although reacting very slow. The new food probe lasted one hour. Waiting to hear from them on what the next step is going to be.

Any suggestions on a more reliable temp gauge?
I have had mine for 6 months and love it. The bbq was bad out of the box but I didn't now until a week ago as it was the first time I used it. Called them up and it was replaced with no issues. I know that how you clean them is a huge factor as well. I never submerge them and let water get where the crimped part is.

Emailed Maverick about my NG grill probe and got the response below.

Hi,

Sounds like your probe shorted out. To have it replaced under warranty, please send us the defective probe. Our address is below. Please include a note with your full name, address, phone number and brief description of the problem.

Thank you
Nijmeh

Maverick Industries, Inc.
94 Mayfield Ave
Edison, NJ 08837
Phone: 1-800-526-0954
Fax: 732-417-9673

Interesting that they want the defective probe back. I called them and then sent a new one, no cost and no sending in the defective probe. Wonder if they are changing their policies.

Received my third probe and it did not work. Now sending the whole thing back. There has to be something better.

Well i guess they have some really bad probes @ Maverick. But remember i guess a few 100 on this board haave the 732/73 and just a few bad posts about it. Not defending them...i know how mad i was when my probes gone bad. But if you get the working ones and take care of em i bet they will last.

Back