first cook

Rod Deitrick

hello all i did my first smoke on saturday using my new weber wms.I could not beleave how this thing preforms!!! I made 2 racks of pork ribs and 4 beef short ribs,and when they were done no one wanted any bbq sause.They said that they never had ribs so good, and all i did was use a good rub and 2 peices of chunk wood 1 apple 1 hickory for 4 hours here are some photos
Picture056.jpg

Picture057.jpg

Picture058.jpg

Picture059.jpg

and my lid temp was only off by a few lid temp was about 230 and my tru temp that i had inside with the meat wes 225 but if you take the lid off it drops veary fast

Good work Rod, thats a great result for a first cook. Can I ask how you upload more than one photo on the same post ? when I try to do it they allways come up as web links
icon_confused.gif

Beautiful color on the ribs, and a really nice smoke ring. I can believe that nobody wanted bbq sauce. Great job!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

My first try at smoking is Thursday. Thanks for the pics and they look awesome!! Hopefully I have the same results as you.
icon_smile.gif

Great job Rod, every thing looks delicious to me. "Great bbq done right speaks for it's self and needs no sauce!!"( MY Paw Paw): 1971 the year he started to teach me how to "Git 'Er Done" I been learning ever since.

Back