Found a performer for $100. Worth the buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wesley S

TVWBB Super Fan
Living in a small community the odds of finding anything decent on craigslist is small. Well I stumbled upon a performer that is about 45 minutes away. Was wondering if the $100 pricetag is a decent buy

12514a138ZZZZZZZZZ89t1e89343b9d7d1c85.jpg

1401311gdZZZZZZZZZ89t9020b6794cc21f1c.jpg

11b130137ZZZZZZZZZ89t03ab862f979f10c0.jpg

i would say yes, and don't wait too long or it might not be there for long.it looks like its red, that might be a bonus. go for it.

dave

I emailed the guy back and had a few questions. Then emailed again and said I'd just come by tomorrow. I'm giddy with excitement.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom Chips:
Sounds like a good deal. You might need a new grate.

Let us know how it goes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sure will. Odd thing is I haven't received ANY email to my account today for 10 hours. No notifications from this thread, no spam, and most importantly nothing from the grill seller. I emailed them from my gmail account just to make sure.

Yeah a new grate will be in order. Is there anything in particular I should be looking for that could be a deal breaker besides the obvious?

I would buy that so fast. It's unique. I don't have a performer (yet ...) but I would look mainly at the ignitor, make sure it works etc., all the hoses. Then the main kettle itself

Make sure you get the SS grates from Weber. lasts longer than the regular stuff apparently.

Webers store is down or I'd link it

Well I picked it up today
icon_smile.gif

It's a 2002 model the guy said he got from Lowes. He gave me a huge trash bag full of charcoal too.

The lid does have a chip in it, but everything looks to be in good condition. I could clean the grates up real nice, but I think I'm just going to get new ones. They're just too cheap not to. The charcoal racks are pretty rusted too. Other than that everything looks great. Looks to be kept clean and really hardly used.

I feel like I got a good deal so I'm happy.

Well I finally got to use the performer today for the first time. I'm cooking some chicken breasts indirect with EVOO and Weber N'Oleans Cajun seasoning for chicken sandwiches. I'll smear a little Alabama White Sauce on the buns with fixin's. Yum! Anyway I wanted to thank everyone who "convinced" me to pick this up. I promise I'm not bragging. I was just so excited to find one.

Here are a few pics in action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back