Smoked Pork Salad

Jeff T Miller

TVWBB All-Star
I make what I call pig wings at the BBQ shack and have had quite a few left overs lately. My nephew told me about pork salad similar to ham salad. Getting tired of reheated pig wings I decided to try something different.

First Pig Wings are a pork loin cut about about an inch and a quarter to an inch and a half. Then cut the slices in half and sprinkle nicely with BRITU rub and smoked for about an 90 minutes at 250. I brine my loin before slicing. I use 1 gallon of water 1 cup of salt 8oz of pineapple juice and 2 TBSP of asian hot sauce.

For the pork salad I grind the pork. Mix in some chopped onions, sweet relish. I also added in a serrano chili pepper seeded. I used a bit of creamy horseradish then added mayo until you get the texture you want.

I got to tell you I wasn't too sure of this when I started out. After tasting I have changed my mind. Between the rub and the smoke man this is good. Awesome on crackers. I have been taking it to work and now they are asking when I am bringing in more.

Back