Sides or no sides

Gary McD

TVWBB Pro
I am getting ready to buy a Genesis 310 or 320, and Iam having a hard time deciding which one I want.

I try to imagine what I would use the side burner on the 320 for, and I can't think of one good reason why I would.

How many of you have gassers with side burners that actually use them?

Gary McD

WSM, 22.5OTG, 18.5 OTS, and SJS

I had a Silver B for years and took it to a vacation home and replaced it with a 320 which had the side burner. This was my first experience with a side burner ... and, I haven't used it yet. However, I'm not sorry I got it. You may have read ... we do have hurricanes in Fl !
icon_smile.gif

Paul

Paul,

That's funny! I live in Western, NY and we get blizzards and lake effect snow with numerous power outages during the winter months, so I suppose you are right-get the side burner!

Gary

I bought the E320 specifically for the Side Burner. I use mine constantly, I use it for Curries, Stir frys, Sauces, a myriad of side dishes and deep frying seafood. My only complaint with it is that I cant get the temperature down low enough sometimes when I want to very gently simmer. I have a portable burner that I use for those occasions.
For the few extra bucks that it costs, it adds another dimension to your BBQ prowess.

Regards

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil Hartcher:
Gary

My only complaint with it is that I cant get the temperature down low enough sometimes when I want to very gently simmer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Phil, I agree. I often turn the burner on and off on my Summit Gold D for the same reason. I always use one of my Griswold cast iron skillets on the side burner so this works pretty good since they hold their heat so well. You learn to adapt.
icon_biggrin.gif

Gary,

Definitely get the side burner. Great for lighting coals, cooking when power is out, and cooking items outside that might "smell up" your kitchen.

Ray

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ray Crick:
Gary,

Definitely get the side burner. Great for lighting coals, cooking when power is out, and cooking items outside that might "smell up" your kitchen.

Ray </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Like Bacon...
Get the side burner. Beter to have then to have not.

Yeah Steve,

I love to smell the aromas from apple-wood smoked bacon when I di it outside on my sideburner. There is something about the smell of bacon mixed with the smell of the great outdoors! Yum!

And not only does it keep the kitchen from being smelly, it also keeps any grease splatter from the stove and walls!

Ray

For bacon I just pull out the smoker box and the 1/2 grate from the Gold D and slide in the cast iron griddle. The bacon takes on a whole differnt flavor when cooked that way. Pur bacon bliss
icon_biggrin.gif

TNGPN-BoogiePics001.jpg

The side burner is nice to have. I use mine for
breakfast outside on nice weekend mornings. It
is good for corn in the summer. I also use it for hash browns with a small griddle. If you want to deep fry fish it keeps the odors outside. I would not want to be without the side burner now.

Back