Cook time for 2 Turkey breasts?

Gehrig

This is my 4th use of my new 18 1/2" WSM and this time it's Easter dinner! I've brined 2 "Hotel style" turkey breasts using an "Apple Wood" recipe found on this site. Each breast weighs about 8 - 8 1/2 pounds. I intend to smoke them at higher temps (no water in bowl), perhaps @ 325 - 350 degrees? I was hoping to get some guidance about the cook time I could expect. While the family is supportive and excited about a smoked turkey Easter dinner I'm sure they wouldn't be too pleased if they're forced to wait hours for it. Should I expect both breasts to be done at the same time? Any "rule of thumb" on minutes per pound at these higher temps? I'd be willing to send some leftovers to anyone who can guide me to a timely dinner
icon_smile.gif
Thanks!

Thanks, Glenn. I don't know if the WSM can reach those temps. How big was that bird?
Hey, you a Bulldog? My son is an MSU alum.

Hope your turkey came out good.

When cooking at high temps (325-350), I look to the web for cooking times. If you can maintain that temperature, it's like cooking in an oven. Use oven timing at that temperature and keep a thermometer handy when it is close to being finished.

Turkey Breast Roast

Back