Fried Banana Bread

Shawn W

TVWBB Emerald Member
I love to heat a bran muffin by cutting in half, spreading butter on both halves then putting butter side down in a fry pan.

Tried the same approach with a simple banana loaf with walnuts and topped with hot, fresh made apple sauce. Very simple, but it was pretty tasty:

-slather one side of a slice of banana loaf with butter

-put butter side down in non-stick pan over medium heat

-fry until brown but don't let it get dark

-flip and heat unbuttered side for a minute or two to ensure slice is heated through

optional: top with hot fresh apple sauce and a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar

I have heard of people doing this w/ pound cake. But my buddy and I were grilling breakfast for a bunch of guys at Cape Hatteras NC and threw on a couple of Honey Buns on the hot grill, heated a few min. on each side. That is a good thing!!! We had grilled pork chops, bacon and sausage prior and those seasonings were fantastic on the Honey Bun. What a morning....the sun rising, lots of fishing poles out and a grill in the back of a truck cooking for 24 people!!!

Shawn, Sounds real good. Been on a Thomas' English Muffins with Saskatoon Berry Jam kick lately. Thanks for the jam Bud.
icon_wink.gif
That's some GOOD Eats.
icon_smile.gif
Bryan

Tried a second variation last night .... topped the fried banana bread with real cream vanilla ice cream and some Hershey's chocolate syrup.

Yah, I know, this is not much of a recipe ... I'll stop now.
icon_smile.gif

Back