Weber Gold One Touch air flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Wheeler

TVWBB Member
I am considering the Weber Gold and the Silver One Touch kettle. I like the ash collector on the Gold, but it looks like the ash collector cuts off airflow to the grill. Is this the case?

Thanks.

It's not the case with my Patinum which has the same style ash catcher.

Thanks for reminding me I got to empty it
icon_wink.gif

I have the OTG and could see how it would appear to restrict airflow, however this has not been my experience. It's my most used cooking tool.

Anthony
If the few extra $$$ is not an issue Go Gold. Airflow is not an issue cat all, besides part of the time you are adjusting the airflow to reduce the heat. The additional features are worth it, especially when the kettle will last you at least 10 years. I have a kettle manufactured in 1988 which I still use (though it has taken second place to my Performer).

Regards

Originally posted by Anthony Wheeler:
I like the ash collector on the Gold, but it looks like the ash collector cuts off airflow to the grill. Is this the case?

Thanks.
NO, I have a Old Master Touch which was the model before the OTG and there's no air flow problems. Go for the Gold.
icon_biggrin.gif
The ash catcher is Da Sh!t.
icon_wink.gif
My Master Touch also came with the charcoal baskets and the hinged cooking grate, not sure if the Golds still come with those options, but I like them.

The golds rock. I bought a silver and love it. one month later I bought a blue gold. I like to have two. A lot of times they are both going at the same time. Doing potatos, veggies, ABT's on one, meat on the other.

I have one of each, but I would rather use the Gold because dealing with the ash on the silver can be a pain!

Go for the Gold.

i have the gold model, if u wanted just go buy a cheap pan and put under the vent hole to catch the ash on the silver model. But i must say the gold is nice and i dont have to worry about hot coals droppin out and causing a problem. IMO the price is easily justified...

I am considering the Weber Gold and the Silver One Touch kettle. I like the ash collector on the Gold, but it looks like the ash collector cuts off airflow to the grill. Is this the case?

Thanks.

Definitely not. The OTG was designed to work with the ash collector with no interruption in airflow. I think you'll be very happy with it.
icon_smile.gif

Thanks for all your responses. I got the Gold a few weeks ago, and then got the WSM about two weeks ago. I've got the bug, because now I want a Performer. Will it ever end?

Thanks for all your responses. I got the Gold a few weeks ago, and then got the WSM about two weeks ago. I've got the bug, because now I want a Performer. Will it ever end?

NO Never

jim, i prefer the pan. i find it easy to deal with as opposed to the gold. also keeps the kettle cheaper for the masses. also i'm in a wheelchair and find the ash cather in the gold very hard to deal with.

MAYBE when you have one of each model Weber made/makes, and you also stop seeing them out of the curb as "trash".

I've never bought a Silver model, but I own/owned 5 of them....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back