Accessories for the Q

Frank C

TVWBB Fan
Well I gave in and ordered a Weber Q for the Eagles Tailgating I do for each home game. I was wondering what accessories you reccomend. I did order the hose adapter and the folding cart.

What else do I need?

I do have a big cast iron pan I can put on the grate... anyone buy the griddle? Is it worth the $ ..

I can't wait to get my new weber toy.

Also, what do I need to clean and pack it up after use?

PS... my Brisket went down very fast at the game yesterday.. but not faster than the 49ers
icon_smile.gif

Hi Frank,

I got the griddle with my Baby Q and I like it very much. It isn't as big as you might first expect, as it doesn't cover the entire cooking surface. It is more that adequate, however.

One thing I find very useful for the Q is a small rack that will hold the food up off the surface of the grate. I use one to compensate for the fact that I can't do indirect grilling on the Q. Getting the meat up off the grate helps a lot.

You'll love the Q, especially for the grill marks you're gonna get.

G'day Frank
Instead of the grill plate and because I always cook with the lid down on my Q, I use a non-stick baking tray with a sheet of foil between the grill and the tray. It is easier to clean.
I use a large aluminuim foil tray (weber) with a cake cooling rack or a non-stick baking dish (deeper than the tray)and cake cooling rack for indirect cooking. I use a roasting rack inside the dish for roasting and holding rib racks upright (as long as they arn't too tall.)
I also use a timer for timing cooking steaks etc (2 1/2 minutes a side for a 3/4" steak for medium rare) and a remote digital thermometer for indirect cooking. I also use a lot of foil and foil trays for wrapping vegetables to cook and cooking breads, cakes and deserts.

Hope this helps

Regards

Good choice on the cart and the hose, you may also want to consider the duffel for tailgating, it is well made and it holds extra stuff I love mine. Another note, buy and have on hand extra drip pans - especially if you cook alot of fatty foods for your tailgate. I learned the hard way to make sure to empty / replace the drip pan after transport - otherwise you will end up with a mess.

A simple way to clean up is the line the aluminum drip pan with foil. That way you can scrape all the gunk down after you cook and it all settle in the foil. Just pull out the drip pan tray and toss the foil after balling it up. Saves on drip pans an keeps the grease secured in the balled up foil vs. open in the drip pan.

Hi Frank,

I have the griddle, the hose & tank and the folding cart. The best stuff for tailgating at Giants stadium. If you come up the turnpike, look me up maybe we can do cheese steaks?

get a cover. get a cheap plastic spatula to scrape down the junk from inside the grill. get the weber spiral brush. that thing is great. the cheap ones are just that.

Got the apron, then realised with the lid closed cooking with the Q I didn't need it.

Totally recommend the Weber grill cleaning brush, extra drip trays, the remote temperature gauge, if you don't have a 220, and at least one of the covers!

I use a griddle for breakfast, and the roasting rack a whole lot!

look around for deals on the cart. ebay maybe, craigslist, and store sales. as mentioned i found two carts for 13.00 each. take yer time and you will save money.

Back