q flame

George Curtis

TVWBB Olympian
i'm thrilled by my RED q220. but i'm sorta wondering about the flame. no matter the source of the fuel, the flame seems to flutter or come off the tube or go out at spots on the tube if there is just a small breeze swirling around. very annoying. course this occurs when i lift up the lid a bit. maybe it doesn't matter when the lid is down. problem comes when i grill at near high heat with the lid up. is this normal ?

I have noticed the same thing with my Q 200, but I don't know if it's considered "Normal". I have only owned one month. Nevertheless, the grill seems to cook the food nicely, so maybe it's not a problem.

George - occasionally when I light mine, there are spots on the burner that don't immediately ignite. I close the lid and get everything ready and without exception, when I come back and lift the lid, the burner is fully lit. Are your temperatures climbing steadily toward the 400-450 mark? If so, I'd say you're ok.

Now, I generally cook on my Q220 in a location where wind is not a problem, so your mileage may vary!

Pat

Back