Scored the coveted Smokey Joe Platinum this morning!

W Tyler

TVWBB All-Star
May have not been the "deal of the Century", but I've wanted want of these just to see what the fuss was about.

Nice piece of grilling equipment, typical Weber quality, and I LOVE the portability feature that doubles as a lid holder. I can't for the life of me see why Weber discontinued this item.

$35 got me the SJP, an unopened bag of Kingsford competition briquettes, and a chimney starter. The SJP is in absolutely great condition.

Grill1.jpg

Nice score, looks like your ready to cook right now. Didn't the guy have any meat to sell you, he had everything else!

Brian

i think they were made for a nich that just wasn't there. sales just didn't support it. i have a new one that i havn't found a use for yet. but it was cheap.

Looks like it could be one of the more flexible cookers you could have, if you make the OTS ash sweeper mod I've read about.

I really like my SJP for portable grilling for 4-6 people depending on what your cooking. I have had no air issues like some seem to have mentioned. I have grilled some great ribeyes for 5 people and many burgers for 6 of us. The SJG could not handle that amount of food for my wifes parents and us I cook for when we travel.

Congrats on your score. I use mine primarily to go to the beach or the park. It sits in the attic above my garage, whenever I need it I pull it out.

I bought a new one in box from a local Ace Hardware for $50. Used it for tailgating at Clemson games this year. Size came in handy while grilling for 8 - 12 people.

Back