Plain Ole' BBQ Chicken

As a New Year's resolution I promised myself I would eat more chicken and fish and less of the other things that we all love like Pork,Beef----You know. So not to jump in with both feet and going boneless, skinless chicken breasts I decided on Drumsticks & Thighs.

Initially I was going to use this stuff as a BBQ sauce but it was extremely salty so I passed. I will have to think of a better way to use it.

DSCN0079.jpg

So I just seasoned them up with my usual rub of Garlic Pepper, Season Salt, Paprika and Cumin.

DSCN0078.jpg

Placed them indirect and let them do their thing. Went inside and made some Garlic Whipped potato's and some Spanish Rice for sides.

After a little over an hour they looked like this.

DSCN0084.jpg

And then it was time for a little BBQ sauce and let them soak that up for a while.

DSCN0085.jpg

After they were all done they looked like this.

DSCN0087.jpg

So as the sun sets here over Northern Michigan. (Looks like my grill could use a little cleaning but it didn't get that way by sitting there and looking pretty)

DSCN0074.jpg

Here's your plate....

DSCN0097.jpg

ya know something Bill, everything looks really really tasty on "my plate"... butt i'm afraid i'm gonna hafta ask for more <span class="ev_code_GREEN">greens</span>.

and more taters,
and more rice,
and more Plain Ole' BBQ Chicken!

Great Cookin' Mister Michigan!

Back