What to do with an unwanted bottle of Scotch?

Tony is referring to a brisket smoke I did using some of the whiskey barrel staves he sent me for an early birthday present, I used a smooth full layer on the bottom of the coal ring(a la Harry Soo) and filled with Kingsford comp. touched it off sidewinder Minion method and went to bed. The aroma coming off the smoker was ethereal! My neighbor said she had dreams of smoked meat! The next afternoon, it was brisket bliss!
I have another packer in the freezer and bought some bourbon/Merlot chunks from “Fruitawood” and I’m leaning toward doing that for the next shindig in September (fall birthday party).

Would love to help you out there Grant, but most of my recipes calling for Scotch only use a tablespoon or so. Like what really sounds good to me is one called "Fettuccine and Salmon in Scotch Cream Sauce"but it only uses 1 1/2 tablespoon of Scotch.

I do have a chicken recipe that calls for Scotch OR Bourbon using 2 tablespoons of either.

Oh I found a burger recipe that calls for bourbon, Scotch or sherry. Also a few calling for rice wine OR Scotch.

If you are interested in any of these, just let me know and I will be happy to post the recipe/recipes.
The scotch cream sauce sounds delightful! Please Joan!!?

Back