My WSM 18.5 Cart - Radiant Barrier, locking casters, and 3 hinged side walls

Well I made quite a few additions to the cart. First, I primed and painted it. Yes, that is not just primer below, my house is a white grey so I painted it the same color.

I also added a hinged shelf on the side. I also added some hooks as you can see.

20130126_173147.jpg

It has a locking bracket with an o-ring pull down. It collapses easily and locks into place nicely.

20130126_173201.jpg

It doesn't collapse absolutely flat unfortunately. I used this RV shelf product from amazon instead of building it myself: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EDQQJM/?tag=TVWB-20

20130126_173214.jpg

I also added some bolts on chains which are used for the lock on the hinge. This way I cant loose them:

20130126_173153.jpg

I also got around to adding the thermometer probe hole to my WSM. Lastly, I added a hook to set the ET-732 on. When it is on the shelf the length of the wires are a tad shorter as they have to wrap around the front posts. This way it gives it a little more room for the wires. Here it is all setup:

20130126_173857.jpg

I tried using a hook for the lid, but unless I hook it on the handle it wont stay put. I will be researching these forms for the best lid hanger. My neighbor does upholstery so I am going to see if he can make a cover for it. Or I might jsut put it in the shed when not using. I bought a new gas grill today and it is bigger than my older one. This cart and the new grill do not fit well where I need to put them both.

Looks good!
Now that the Solar board is painted I can tell that it's bonded to an OSB core not particle board. The end grain in you're first photos looked just like PB so that's what I thought... Just checked the website and it is an OSB core which is rated for exterior use, so no worry's, but still keep a cover on it during the rain.

Tim

Looks good!
Now that the Solar board is painted I can tell that it's bonded to an OSB core not particle board. The end grain in you're first photos looked just like PB so that's what I thought... Just checked the website and it is an OSB core which is rated for exterior use, so no worry's, but still keep a cover on it during the rain.

Tim

Awesome! That is good to know. I will get around to a cover- eventually.

Jason J, nice looking setup and the ribs look great. In your last rib picture, the ribs look succulent. :p

Last edited:

Back