Not a Webber grill but I did use a Webber chimmey

David

TVWBB Pro
Not a Weber grill but I did use a Weber chimmey

Used my old 22 year Charbroil to do a few chicken breast today. As one can see that old grill is held together with several coats of high temp paint, alum foil, new towel handle as I burnt the original off. But I can't bring myself to throw it away, though it does have the company of three Weber grills,a Q, A Genesis an a WSM. Over about 275 degrees for several hours and the last bit over the coals to crisp them up. That over charred one on the left is mine as I love them like that.

bbqchicken8-8-2012Charbroil003.jpg
[/IMG]
bbqchicken8-8-2012Charbroil001.jpg
[/IMG]
bbqchicken8-8-2012Charbroil007.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
looks like an old CB940!!

CB says they still make them, but only special order from them. I like it for steaks etc, as I can raise the charcoal almost up to the grates for great sears. I use the little tool that comes with the CB to lift the grates on my Weber Genesis to move those grates to add wood chips if smoking on it........

The CB940X has been brought back but it is 499.99!!! My buddy got one and the lid was smaller than the bottom and left a -1- inch gap along the front. Char Broil sent him a washer kit to fix the problem!! How in the heck is that gonna help. After a month of fighting with them they had the grill picked up and he got his refund.

I am not bashing CB, they have good customer service and they took care of him. All I am saying is if you are gonna charge 500 bucks for a grill the lid should fit!! In fact the washer kit was a supplement to his instructions which shows to me that it just wasn't one lid made undersize!!

For 500 bucks you can get a 18.5 WSM and a 22.5 kettle and be all set....which is what my buddy did after he got his refund!!

The CB940X has been brought back but it is 499.99!!! My buddy got one and the lid was smaller than the bottom and left a -1- inch gap along the front. Char Broil sent him a washer kit to fix the problem!! How in the heck is that gonna help. After a month of fighting with them they had the grill picked up and he got his refund.

I am not bashing CB, they have good customer service and they took care of him. All I am saying is if you are gonna charge 500 bucks for a grill the lid should fit!! In fact the washer kit was a supplement to his instructions which shows to me that it just wasn't one lid made undersize!!

For 500 bucks you can get a 18.5 WSM and a 22.5 kettle and be all set....which is what my buddy did after he got his refund!!

Yep, after talking with CB, that's the conclusion that I came regarding $500 plus shipping. I will just use the current CB until it falls apart on me day. I do prefer the length of these type of grills over a round kettle though, and still like the ability to raise and lower either the coal or grates. I can easily place 2-3 racks of ribs on the CB and cook indirect, hard to do on a round one, unless it is really big. But once I get the WSM up and running, the ribs will be done in the future on it. Shucks, I need about a dozen rigs:cool::cool:. Four is just not enough.;) Not sure I have the room in my garage if getting ready for a hurricane evac..:(..............................d

Back