St. Louis Style Ribs

Rick Masters

Just a quick question ......can St. Louis Spareribs be rolled and skewered like pork loins to max out the number of slabs on a Weber 22 inch smoker? If so ....how many slabs could one fit on both levels? I'm trying to plan a cookout for a dozen or so folks. Thanks !

Yes they can be rolled. How many you could fit...Well depends on the total rib size and rolling technique. Guess you could fitt 7-8 slabs/grate. But then again you can stack rolled ribs ontop of rolled ribs. And by doing that you could fit ALOT of racks.

This is exactly what I do, Rick. I have put up to 10 slabs on 2 racks in my 18" WSM and I think with a little planning I could have put more on. I would think you should easily be able to fit 6 slabs/layer in a 22" WSM without stacking. There is a good couple of pics of rolled ribs from the TVWB website if you scroll down about halfway and click on the pics. Rolled Ribs pics

Here's a couple of pics from a recent cook I did where I rolled 3 racks of ribs to make more room in my WSM. I had 3 slabs and a half a pork loin on the top rack and a Boston Butt on the lower rack.

ribsrolled2.jpg

On the WSM:
ribsbuttloin2.jpg

Back