Stainless Cooking Grates

To elaborate on George's post:
It seems like the Stainless Grates are only available in the 22.5" size. The only source I know of is Weber Customer Service. And the SS grates are great!

Kevin H.

terry, cost might be to much. my welder friend charges $25 minimum to do anything. i think making one would be way costly. but let us know !

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
terry, cost might be to much. my welder friend charges $25 minimum to do anything. i think making one would be way costly. but let us know ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>George if my welder friend cost $25 I would not complain. I would keep him busy. They normally charge $60+ minimum. He is a friend if he is charging you those prices. The equipment is very costly as well.

$25 to start anything. even if its to do a five minute job. then it goes up vertically from there. but he is sooooo good that its worth every penny for sure. i wasted almost two days messing around with some broken bolts. i towed the car over to his place that was not to far and for $80 he got out both broken bolts. i think i went and threw out my easy outs so i wouldn't be tempted again !

Like I said, he's a good friend.
icon_smile.gif

According to Weber CS, the 18.5 stainless grates are still available.

Dear Robert,
Thanks for choosing Weber. You can order that over the phone through our customer service number listed below. The 18.5 inch SS charcoal cooking grate is part # 80730 and that is $54.20.
If you have additional questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us. If replying via email, please leave this message intact as it will help us to respond faster. Our customer service hot line is open 7 days a week 7:00 am -11:00 pm CST.

I think he said they have hinged for about $54 and non hinged for about $46.

I cant remember the exact numbers because I lost interest after I heard the price.

Maybe Santa will bring them.

I questioned why the 18.5 were more than the 22.5. He gave me a reason I really did not understand.
icon_mad.gif

Thanks Robert, so let me get this straight. They sell SS grills without the hinges? I want one for a 22.5 if that's true. Any other info? Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shaun R:
Thanks Robert, so let me get this straight. They sell SS grills without the hinges? I want one for a 22.5 if that's true. Any other info? Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would say your best bet is to call Weber CS and ask them.

I kind of stopped listening when they told me the price.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott Guerber.:
I called Weber CS and ordered a hinged grate for $21 plus shipping for my 22.5" grill. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

stainless?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert Clark:

stainless? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They may have been a little more. I ordered a few other things also from them. The lady on the phone said they were stainless with the hinged grate. I will find out when they get here hopefully next week.

I just received the order and they DIDN'T ship me the Stainless steel grates. I don't really care since I guess I didn't pay for them but ****, I was looking forward to the stainless.

Oh well, I will just save up for the Cast Iron grates instead...

scott, i would call weber and complain. you wanted the ss and thats what you should get. don't lay down on this. the lady told you it was ss and thats what you need to get. i was just on webers site and they do not list the regular flip up grates at all. just the ss ones for the 22 kettle. not sure what is going on there. yes, they list the ss one at 29.99 .

This is one of those rare situations where Weber CS does not know what they are carrying!

The website says one thing and CS is saying something else.
icon_frown.gif

I used the grate last night for pizza. I never even bothered looking at the part number. It was so new and shiny I thought it might have been stainless.

I called Weber CS and they said since I used it I cannot return it. They gave me a bunch of other stuff on warranty so I lost a little on this one. Not a biggie. I still love my Weber's.

Back