Blame Mr. Correll!

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Bought a belly. Turned half into this peppered bacon, the other half is becoming pancetta...... I love pigs! :)

31435939416_705ce302db_z.jpg

31102057650_7c97fa12a2_z.jpg

31435939716_814412473f_z.jpg

30664951863_745a035bd5_z.jpg

Have a great day!

Rich

Thanks, all. It's a shame I don't make it more often (I mean, we actually run out of it sometimes!), as it really is so easy.

Looking forward to my first bacon attempt.

Just do it, Clint! The hardest part is sourcing the belly, which CostCo has solved for me (and, hopefully, you, too?)

Ah Rich, you can call me Bob :)

:) Blame is not really the right word, but my kids happily "blame" you every time they get to eat it!

That second to last shot I might frame and hang on my wall.

That made me chuckle, Cliff. If you are going to frame anything, I need to work harder on my photography!

Great looking bacon Rich, I've got some curing in the fridge right know. I blame Bob too:rolleyes:

That is some good looking bacon there. Saw some pork belly at Costco but wife wants me to wait till after the holidays. As for blame, no blame is possible. I would say thanks to Bob and all who encouraged all of us to make bacon.

Nice batch of bacon. Lots of meat & little fat on that belly.

The local Costco quit carrying pork belly. Not a big problem... a Mexican market about 9 blocks away always has them in the meat locker.
When I order, they haul out a huge slab & ask how much of it do I want?

WOW!!! That is some gorgeous looking bacon Rich. Nothing like home made bacon for sure.

Beautiful Bacon Rich!
yes Mr. Correll taught us all how easy it is to put smiles on our faces and homemade bacon in our bellies!

and i guess we don't hafta call him Mr. Correll....

Back