Try NOT to cry over spilt brine....(sniff sniff...)

JeffB

TVWBB Pro
So I made a batch of brine for my 20 lb bird. Long process with boiling the liquid, cooling it off and refrigerating overnight. It's cool though - I enjoy the process and the results make it all worthwhile. Right?

So I transferred my bird to the brining bag which was sitting in the bottom portion of a large lobster pot. My wife held the bag while I poured in the brining liquid. I reached to grab something and let go of the bag and POOF, the bag collapses over the side of the pot and bringing liquid starts pouring out of the bag, all over my clothes, down our cabinets onto the kitchen floor which my wife had just cleaned for hours prior to the arrival of holiday guests. :confused::rolleyes::mad::mad::mad: I thought the bag was stable but didn't realize until too late that the liquid was over the lip of the pot....good Lord.

After many apologies to my wife and the successful use of a handful of choice 4 letter words (in front of my kids :eek:), we got the bag zipped and into the refrigerator.

Good times...(I think).

Hope your day goes better and GO COWBOYS!!!! Happy Thanksgiving.

Peace out.

Sorry to hear about that Jeff, it sounds like you and the wife have moved passed it, I hope.

This is the reason that I went with a dry brine. I spilled a little sea salt on the counter but that was the extent of the mess.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Last night, bringing the turkey (in it's brine) I almost dropped it in the hallway from the garage to the kitchen. I can't imagine what I might have said had I done so, LOL

Happy Thanksgiving Jeff

Back