Question....20 lb Turkey smoke

Phil Lascala

For the last few years I have used the apple brine directions for my Thanksgiving smoke using a 12-14 lb turkey as described and it comes out amazing. Larger group this year and I'm smoking a 20lb turkey. The 12-14 usually look me 3 1/2 hours depending on how hot I could get the smoker (300-325). Anyone have an idea of the time I should give this smoke? 5 1/2?

Thanks for your help

I have smoked several turkeys and am trying the apple brine for the first time this year. My turkey is around 22lbs and I am planning or about 4 hours or so. I will try and keep my temp between 325 and 350 degrees. Good luck.

depending on how hot I could get the smoker (300-325). Anyone have an idea of the time I should give this smoke? 5 1/2?
If you stay north of 300 you won't see 5 hours, maybe 4 hours, and even that is probably pushing it. I cook my 25LBS at 350ish and I've yet to see 3 hours

Thanks I appreciate it! I have smoked many turkeys just never this large so I was worried about my timing. Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi Jon. Years ago I tried Apple Brine for my first smoke on a Thanksgiving. Ever since the family will not let me do it any other way! Hope you enjoy it!

Back