'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving...Eve.

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Many of us are briners, so we start early. I know some even started yesterday. This afternoon, I put an 18lb bird in the Apple Brine and a 7.5lb bone-in breast in Larry's JD-Maple Syrup brine. The clock is running and the game has begun!

Both will come out of the brine tomorrow afternoon or early evening. I plan on getting the full bird onto the WSM around 11am on Thursday. The breast will go on the Performer 60-90 minutes later. Both with apple and cherry.

One of the many things I'm thankful for is this site. Learned so much here and continue to do so. We rotate the hosting in my family so I only get to do it every few years, at most. But instead of dreading it, I can't wait for it. I love making Thanksgiving dinner on the Webers and couldn't do it without all the advice and input I've received here. Thanks Chris!!

One of the many things I'm thankful for is this site. Learned so much here and continue to do so. We rotate the hosting in my family so I only get to do it every few years, at most. But instead of dreading it, I can't wait for it. I love making Thanksgiving dinner on the Webers and couldn't do it without all the advice and input I've received here. Thanks Chris!!

That's awesom, thanks for the kind words!

I love making Thanksgiving dinner on the Webers and couldn't do it without all the advice and input I've received here. Thanks Chris!!

I completely agree with JimK. This site has given my many hours of pleasure and helped me gain so much knowledge for this wonderful endeavor of outdoor cooking. Thanks to Chris and everyone who participates here. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Back