Broken handle on 26" kettle

This probably doesn't belong in this forum, i apologize for that but I'm bummed , the front handle broke off my 26"kettle today when i went to move it . it broke off on one side, the other side is going to break of soon, I bought this new a few years ago maybe 4 I'm not sure the exact date. is been stored in side when not in use i could drill a hole and bolt it back on i guess. Have any one else had this issue with the 26". Thank you for any info.

Last edited:
If you purchased it new you have a 10 year warranty on the bowl and lid. Call Weber.

Thank you Tyson! i didn't know it was 10 year warranty. i did purchase it new but i don't have the receipt. i don't know if the weber dealer would still have that information? i will call them also.

I called Weber this morning! No waiting on hold made contact with a real person on first ring. Explained the problem, she verified my purchase, She said i would be receiving a new kettle in 10-15 days! WOW! After i hung up i wished i ask if that includes legs and one touch gold, or will i have to take that off the old kettle? Oh well made my day. Thank you again Tyson!

That's cool Randy! Yep, you get the joy of removing and reinstalling the "good" parts. But, this may also be the perfect time to design your upgraded table for it! Sorry, just had to throw that out there.

I called Weber this morning! No waiting on hold made contact with a real person on first ring. Explained the problem, she verified my purchase, She said i would be receiving a new kettle in 10-15 days! WOW! After i hung up i wished i ask if that includes legs and one touch gold, or will i have to take that off the old kettle? Oh well made my day. Thank you again Tyson!

Weber is awesome like that. :D One of the many reasons I have so many now. Like Timothy said, you will need to put the old parts on the new parts. If you have any issues call Weber again. Sometimes the ash sweeper can be stubborn.

More than likely, they are just sending the bowl. You'll have to take stuff apart and swap out.

I received the new kettle TODAY! 24 hrs after calling Weber. I'm going to repair the broken handle, going to check the price on all the other parts and build a second 26". I also like the idea a building a table. Weber is an awesome company! Thank all of you for your suggestions

I received the new kettle TODAY! 24 hrs after calling Weber. I'm going to repair the broken handle, going to check the price on all the other parts and build a second 26". I also like the idea a building a table. Weber is an awesome company! Thank all of you for your suggestions

Nah skip the table and build a mini ranch. Would look awesome next to your ranch kettle

They ship very quickly! Always have. I think I got my storm damaged lid replacement in three days.
You could do a mini ranch design or make an "Ultra Performer"! I like the availability of the adjacent work surface.

Nah skip the table and build a mini ranch. Would look awesome next to your ranch kettle

both sound like great ideas, how do i go about building a mini Ranch? tables are nice for work space, but i transport the 26 and Ranch to cookouts. The table setup would be to much, but the Ranch,mini Ranch and 26 would be cool! i'm new to this forum stuff, should i start a new thread for information or what. Thank you for those ideas, i never though of that. Wish i could get the photo thing working also, I've tried a few times. Tried to set up Photo bucket. I had all kinds of problems trying to just set up an account with them and gave up. I not much of a tec. guy.

Do a search for "mini ranch build" and you should find a ton of information. Lots of 1" square tubing and good painting skills will help.
I'm right next to you in the "more trouble than it's worth" line about the photo thing. I frequent another site that has the easiest photo embedding system in the world. Win some, lose some.
I'm happy to hear that the new "pot" will have a happy home, have fun with building the new carriage.

How about a mini ranch with pop up side tables that would both of your needs, that is actually the path I am looking at going for.

Here's a link to my build: http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?64026-Mini-Ranch-Kettle-build-complete&highlight=Mini+ranch

Member Brian Moriarty build one and added side tables to his: http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?60668-**Side-tables-for-the-Mini-Ranch**&highlight=Mini+ranch+side+table

Do a search under mini ranch build and you'll find Stu G's
Steve Porter's build: http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?56492-Pimp-My-26-75-quot-Kettle&highlight=wobbly+legs

Also if you want side tables and a beefier frame you could mimic Gary S's 26OTP: http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?38610-Webber-26-75-OTG-Mods&highlight=26.75%20OTG%20Webber%20Mods

Last edited:
This is a great thread. Thanks you all for the info about registering your grills. Weber was awesome. They replaced the lid on my 22" after the handle seperated from it. Have a nice week.

~Ben

That's great Randy. They have exceeded my expectations a time or two.

Be sure you register all your grills on their website. They see this when you call in and I have found that they go above and beyond with the loyal customers.

Back