Smoked Swineapple

TomSMcCann

A few friends and I have been talking about doing a swineapple for a while now and decided to give it a try. We used a large pineapple, French bread, pepper jack cheese, Teague honey BBQ sauce, a pork tenderloin cut into thirds, and then wrapped the whole thing with a bacon weave. We cooked it at about 250-275 for the entire cook. The only thing I'd change next time is cook it above 300 for a little bit to crisp the bacon, then drop the temp. Enjoy

Something doesn't sound right to me, the end picture looks like you have cored a pineapple with the tenderloin inside, am I missing something? Did the French bread just become a sponge for the bacon grease and subsequently end up discarded?
I love bacon lattice projects so, I'm more than passingly interested but, I don't see the continuity from beginning to end.
Maybe you should just make another one and send it to me?
I just had a slightly different assembly concept but, will try before sharing.

Last edited:
Oops, you guys are completely right and I can understand you confusion. I made one inside of a pineapple and another with the bread and no pineapple. I mixed up the pics on accident. I was entertaining people so I really wasn't able to capture as many pics as I would have liked. I will do another and post step by step pics.

It definitely was a lot of work. The hardest part was keeping it all held together! I had to use a few skewers, and careful hands so it didn't all fall apart.

I will check with my friends and see if they took any pictures themselves and can send them over to me.

Back